Focused in the Life industry, this firm has been established for over 100 years and is going through an integration project, leading to require extra specialist compliance expertise for the management of key deliverables during this period of transition.
This role supports the fulfilment of the Function’s mission, which is to provide assurance of an effective Compliance Risk Management System and Line 2 oversight of all material outsource service providers (“OSPs”), and in doing so to contribute to the achievement of its business objectives for its customers and shareholder. The role may also support or contribute towards other aspects of the Compliance Risk Management System.
- Provides Line 2 oversight of UK’s Line 1 Operational, Actuarial and Investment Management Teams and the Line 2 functions in UK’s material outsource service providers (“OSPs”)
- Provides ongoing risk-based assurance of UK’s overall business compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and associated regulatory change, including routine and ad hoc compliance advisory services to the business
- Performs necessary processual and analytical work on financial crime, compliance regulatory change, data protection and operational risk
- Provides timely and accurate information to the HoC for onward reporting to internal and external stakeholders, and where appropriate, to support ad hoc information requests from the business and regulators
- Compliance Monitoring Oversight: Ensure that compliance assurance activities are operating effectively, providing challenge and support (where appropriate) to the Compliance monitoring services’ supplier/third party. This includes good management regarding closure of compliance monitoring actions and proactive escalation to the HoC where activities are at risk of falling behind plan
What we are looking for:
Recent (within 3 years) operational application of one or more of the following disciplines related to insurance business, customer or fund management:
- UK Regulations as set out by the Financial Conduct Authority
- UK Regulations as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority
- Analysis and implementation of regulatory change
- Financial Crime, including ABAC and Fraud
- Compliance advisory
- Compliance monitoring
- Operational Risk (for example, third party management, cyber risk and data protection)
Recent (within 3 years) experience of one or more of the following disciplines:
- Effective relationship management, understanding how best to apply contractual or persuasional approaches to achieve the Function’s Mission
- Able to perform risk-based analysis and confidently provide appropriate advice, and where appropriate to take decisions, based on their professional judgement
- Owning the responsibility for outputs, taking action appropriate to the delegation provided in order to actively solve issues before they arise and promptly if they do
- Thorough and detailed in their approach to analysis of issues and audit trail administration
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.