This role operates within the organisation’s Risk Function of a retail bank, reporting to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). They will support the MLRO in the development and maintenance of a compliant and effective risk-proportionate financial crime framework as well as being a significant contributor to key aspects of the financial crime programme.
• Supporting the MLRO across all the company’s products and services by designing, implementing, developing an on-going assurance programme. This includes quality assurance strategies for 1st and 2nd line processes.
• To manage the Financial Crime Assurance team (1 FTE split across 2 colleagues) to ensure resources are appropriately allocated, are sufficiently trained and equipped to perform their roles.
• Developing and keeping up-to-date a risk based plan of assurance activities to undertake throughout the year. To ensure that material legal and regulatory risks facing the business are identified and considered in the construction of the plan, and ensuring the plan is updated as necessary.
• Preparing and agreeing draft reports and delivering independent reports, including any control deficiencies or issues, rating findings with appropriate materiality to the relevant senior management (including MLRO and equivalent senior business stakeholders).
+ many more.
• Be a capable and reliable financial crime risk / compliance professional who can make valuable contributions to the ongoing development of the financial crime control framework
• Good understanding of the requirements of the various financial crime regulatory and legislative requirements as set out by the FCA, the Money Laundering Regulations, JMLSG and the Proceeds of Crime Act.
• MLRO & Financial Crime and Risk Teams
• Senior management (including SMFs) across 1st and 2nd line of defence
• First line colleagues in key partner areas such as Financial Crime Operations
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.