Up to £75,000 pa
almost 2 years ago
My client, a leading Retail financial services business, require an IFRS9 Specialist to support the Group Financial Controller as the organisation goes through a rapid growth period.
Following the introduction of IFRS9, impairment provisioning has become inherently more complex and significantly more operationally and commercially focussed than the previous standard
This therefore presents an exciting opportunity for a commercially minded accountant to join the team to ensure that our provisioning policy remains appropriate whilst also business partnering the credit risk team to help drive real commercial value.
- Ensuring that the IFRS9 model continues to meet the requirements of the standard
- Analysing impairment trends and the drivers of those trends
- Identifying opportunities for improving the model such that it continues to reflect the commercial reality of the business
- Forecasting future IFRS9 impairment charges and the drivers of those charges
- Supporting the credit risk team with ad hoc analysis surrounding risk profiling and behavioural scores
Being a qualified accountant you will be technically astute with an appreciation of applicable financial reporting standards is critical and experience of working in the Financial Services sector. Additionally, you will be close to the detail, data driven and analytical whilst also being able to articulate results clearly to non-finance individuals.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.