As part of the leadership of the Enterprise Risk (ER) team, you will work with the CRO and other Heads Of in partnership, to deliver an effective and efficient risk management function. This is a leadership role informing, communicating, leading and educating on risk matters. The role holder will also provide support to the Chief Risk Officer to guide ExCo and the Board in their oversight of enterprise risk management and lead a team 12 FTE.
• Business Partnering - Partner with ExCo members and their leadership teams to develop and direct a risk profile which closely supports functional and organisational goals. Achieve this aim by understanding the strategic aims of the CRO and the wider business to deliver highly effective risk management (using the quality assurance, incident resolution & remediation, and testing & control frameworks provided by their peers in ER team).
• Frameworks - Maintain the risk management guardrails (including committee governance, risk management frameworks and policies) and provide an informed opinion on the effectiveness of systems and controls.
• Manage a team of direct reports, including derivation of team plans, management of individual team member goals and objective setting, and subsequent mid and end of year performance assessments
Frameworks accountabilities include:
• Defines and documents risk management frameworks Enterprise–wide and by risk type (excluding FCF and Treasury)
• Drives policy governance by providing SME input to policy owners/policy contacts and business partners during annual reviews and writing of new policies. Helps policy owners identify and define reporting / monitoring mechanisms for policy compliance.
• Drives Risk Appetite (RAS) monthly reporting and annual reviews
• Defines the Enterprise Risk System roadmap and develops functionality and reporting capabilities
• Risk management knowledge of multiple risk types relevant to the consumer lending market – for example conduct risks, credit risks and operational risks
• Knowledge of the relevant regulatory environment
• Strong leadership skills to shape and drive the team
• Excellent partnering skills in order to work across the business
• An ability to work with senior management, e.g. Executive and Board members