Up to £55,000
2 months ago
An experienced Credit Risk professional is required to apply their technical knowledge to ensure credit risk is being managed to the highest standard, supporting the Risk Oversight Plan and enabling this long-standing Financial Services business to effectively manage its risk profile.
The company promotes a collaborative and supportive working environment, encouraging employees to develop skills and progress their careers whilst achieving a good work-life balance.
Full working from home is supported through the ongoing Covid-19 situation, and ongoing flexibility is available. The modern, vibrant office is centrally located in Leeds with good access to transport links.
Credit Risk Oversight Manager, Up to £55,000 per annum
Applicants must be located and eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Take the lead in delivering thematic retail & commercial credit risk reviews, providing insightful findings to support second line of defence oversight across the full credit lifecycle
- Lead engagement with stakeholders, providing clear advice, challenging and providing expertise on complex issues, being influential and managing relationships effectively with all levels of stakeholder (including chief officer)
- Support the business to act upon review findings, ensuring compliance to relevant regulations, policies and best practices
- Develop robust oversight practices, identifying and recommending new approaches, implementing necessary changes and driving forward the capability of the department
- Deliver valuable analysis of the credit risk portfolios in order to challenge 1LOD business and ensure robust risk management capabilities
Required knowledge and experience:
- Experience in credit risk management within banking or retail financial services, specifically within retail mortgages
- Full credit lifecycle experience – underwriting, account management, collections & recoveries
- Exceptional communication, influencing and relationship building skills – confident in liaising with and challenging senior stakeholders when necessary, as well as translating complex technical information to easily-understandable content
- Broad commercial awareness, understanding the economic climate and regulatory environment and how these affect credit risk and the overall business
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.