Opportunity to join a new growing residential mortgage lender. If you have a desire to give the best customer experience, simplifying buying a home and making the whole process more enjoyable this could be the role for you.
If you have a few years of mortgage underwriting experience and want to take that step up to management or are currently a manger looking for something more fresh and exciting where your work and input can truly make a difference then get in touch.
Working within a very small lean team, your key focus will be underwriting mortgage applications. Any decisions will be informed by specialist data obtained from credit reference/fraud prevention agencies and necessary mortgage/market databases to build and package the mortgage application and Construct lending rationales.
But… as you would expect from small dynamic teams, we’d like to get you involved in other aspects of the customer journey, whether this be building relationships with Brokers to helping service customers post completion of the mortgage application.
Some areas you will be involved in:
• Managing a team of 3-4 people
• Business Development
• Broker Support
• Product Development
• Credit Risk & Fraud
Some Skills you should have:
• At least 2 years experience of regulated mortgage underwriting
• Experience managing projects and managing people
• CeMAP qualification(s) would be preferred
• Experience of interpreting and applying policies such as ‘lending’ and ‘Credit Risk’
• Thorough understanding of end-to-end mortgage origination and ideally having some level of understanding of servicing processes
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.