Senior Compliance Manager required within the Governance, Ethics and Compliance space for a leading Insurance business based in London. The SCM will be required to complement and deepen the leadership capabilities of the senior management team through advanced demonstration of collaboration, insight and delivery skills.
• To serve as a “trusted advisor” to senior management in lines 1/2/3, providing leadership for the ownership and accountability of key conduct and regulatory risks.
• To provide leadership on all aspects of Compliance Governance and to act as key champion/custodian of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, providing associated thought leadership and trusted advice.
• To ensure that the team work closely with Senior Management to continually drive fair outcomes for our customers and mitigate against the risk of foreseeable customer harm.
• To ensure that the Advice and Governance teams provide appropriate oversight of the management of existing and emerging regulatory/conduct risks and to help line 1 to appropriately address risks and issues.
• To escalate material concerns to the Head of Compliance and Chief Risk Officer as and when appropriate.
• To drive a culture where conduct, risk management and fair customer outcomes is considered central to the core mission in lines 1/2/3; while equally promoting commerciality, the profitability of the business and our licence to operate.
• To proactively work with the business to, assess and respond to changes in the regulatory and competitive landscape thereby enabling the business to achieve its objectives without compromising delivery against our core regulatory and customer obligations.
• To act as an exemplar through their own personal behaviours and to provide advanced levels of ambassadorship for the function with stakeholders in lines 1/2/3, including Executive Management and members of the Board.
Experience / Competencies
• Highly experienced in working in a regulated Financial Services environment with a deep-rooted understanding of a FS regulatory framework
• Proven track record of management and development of compliance consultants and managers to enable them to reach full potential while providing an optimal business partnering service
• Understand the external market-place and the regulatory and political environment and can apply this effectively in role.
• A strong and highly skilled consultant that is able to apply FCA rules and guidance pragmatically.
• Able to effectively evaluate the materiality of issues/risks for customer and business impact and assess the adequacy of proposed remedial actions
• Ability to produce high quality reports which accurately and succinctly highlight and reflect current conduct/regulatory risk and priorities for Centrica to address
• Excellent people management skills, high levels of personal credibility/gravitas and advanced-level engagement skills
• Advanced level programme and project management skills, a natural delegator and able to facilitate change within the wider compliance team and provide appropriate levels of support on matters as required by the business.
• A demonstrable experience of advice activity within a regulatory sector and/or educated to degree standard.
• Experience in an ethics & compliance governance and advice at Senior Management level either in a FTSE business or working within the FCA in an FS regulatory oversight capacity.
• Educated to degree standard (Law or Economics degree preferable) with aspiration to work in a high performing regulatory function.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.