to £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is entrepreneurially led, very well respected and a market leader in the field in which they operate.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Compliance Manager to be based in their central Leeds office with flexibility to combine with homeworking.
This role will ensure that as a regulated business they comply with all regulation, legislation and industry best practice relating to debt collection and consumer credit, litigation and mortgage activity. The role will oversee adherence to relevant standards and practices, such as compliance with the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook (FCA), Lending Standards Board (LSB) Standards, General Data Protection Regulation, Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering regulations, Consumer Credit Act etc. and ensure their UK customers are treated appropriately and fairly.
Responsibilities within the role will include;
- Act as a subject matter expert on industry compliance requirements, including regulatory, litigation processes changes and guidance on: FCA, FOS, GDPR & ICO, Ofcom, CSA, LSB, CCA and MCOB’s. Identify and manage compliance risks, provide solutions which underpin the groups commitment to fair treatment of its customers including day to day financial crime monitoring activities.
- Support and deputise for the UK Risk & Compliance Manager in their absence.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements including horizon scanning to identify upcoming regulatory changes and ensure key business stakeholders are kept appropriately informed.
- Establish effective relationships and provide trusted, pragmatic and pro-active compliance support to all areas of the business.
- Use and implement business tools, systems and controls to monitor regulatory risks and identify trends.
- Participate in client audits and visits, collate feedback and identify/manage changes required.
- Support business in identification, management and resolution of incidents as and when required including escalation of any instances of regulatory breaches.
- Produce, review and approve business documents including procedures, strategies and letters including key KPI’s and MI reporting/regulatory reporting liaising with key business stakeholders to ensure accuracy of all reporting
- Initiate regulatory business and support change in its implementation to ensure appropriate level of compliance is maintained.
- Significant experience of working in a similar role to demonstrate excellent working knowledge of FCA, regulated consumer credit and mortgage activity.
- Significant experience of co-ordinating business responses to relevant regulator consultations with appropriate stakeholder input.
- Demonstrated excellent standards of delivery of compliance best practice in a regulated business including policy formations and compliance advisory.
- Extensive experience in relationship building when dealing with internal departments and clients; excellent stakeholder management skills required with the ability to influence, persuade, motivate and to challenge/ handle conflict with excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of achieving the right outcomes for customers and providing market leading customer service.
- Naturally inquisitive mind, identifying actual and potential issues with the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively and reduce risk.
- Proven track record demonstrating leadership qualities but also qualities of a real team player working across multifunctional teams.
They offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package and they pride themselves on rewarding success with an excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. Salary range is broad and entirely commensurate with experience.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.