MERJE has collaborated with a highly reputable UK bank and is seeking a Senior Compliance Manager to join their London team.
The Senior Compliance Manager will primarily support the Head of Compliance in ensuring the Bank's compliance activities are executed proactively and promptly. The role requires strong technical knowledge of UK financial services regulation in banking and experience with diverse stakeholders in a small team setting.
- Support Head of Compliance in identifying and reporting key regulatory changes
- Provide timely regulatory advice to the business for projects and change programmes
- Conduct compliance monitoring reviews, including testing controls and tracking issues
- Implement and update the Bank’s Compliance Monitoring framework
- Collate and analyse compliance Management Information for key forums
- Manage Data Protection Compliance and review/approve marketing materials
- Develop and update compliance policies and procedures
- Provide regulatory training to internal stakeholders
- Deputize for the Head of Compliance as needed
- Assist in running the Compliance Department and promoting a Compliance-focused culture
- Attend or delegate for the Head of Compliance at relevant committees
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Compliance or Audit within financial services, preferably in Banking
- Deep regulatory knowledge of FCA and PRA regulations affecting the Bank
- Strong oral, written communication, and organizational skills, with the ability to present confidently at all levels
- Proficient in investigating, analysing, and interpreting MI, and adept at creating and maintaining committee packs
- Demonstrates effective Issue Management capabilities and stakeholder management skills
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.