To investigate and resolve complaints, and to support fair customer outcomes and remediation activity, in line with the company’s core values, FCA regulation, and business standards, whilst achieving qualitative and quantitative targets.
The role will involve:
• Conduct investigations into complex complaints including Defined Benefit pension transfers, using FCA DISP. and FOS guidelines arriving at an appropriate decision, and communicated via a Final Decision Letter within the DISP timeframes. Delivering good client outcomes ensuring all cases are brought to an appropriate conclusion in a timely manner.
• Provide feedback to management in the form of Root Cause Analysis at relevant trigger points with recommendations in a timely fashion.
• Complete a CRO report to confirm the particulars and outcome of every case and ensure the complaint resolution is accomplished in line with agreed service level agreements.
• Calculate and pay redress to clients in keeping with FCA Disp. rules and ensure payment is made to clients within the company’s process timescales
• Investigate, assist, and provide timely responses to the FOS, with complaints that are referred to the FOS.
• Maintain and update the DB complaints tracker and reporting to Senior Management on a weekly basis.
• Liaise with third parties providing case summaries on DB complaints and redress calculations and provide frequent and timely updates to Senior Management on the outcomes of cases.
• Liaise with PI/Legal on cases and provide frequent updates to management
• Manage own workload within given timescales, taking ownership of meeting the team objectives.
• Ensure own competence is maintained and CPD is recorded appropriately
• Use the escalation process to alert the appropriate persons to any advice or compliance issues identified and raise interventions as required.
• Ensure and manage all assessments are in line with the policy and meet the minimum Quality Assurance programme requirements.
• Provide Quality Assurance as required by the Complaints Team Manager on members of the Team.
• Deputise for the Complaints Team Manager during absence.
• QCF Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning
• Awareness of Investigations & FCA Dispute Resolution processes and FOS guidelines in relation to complex complaints including DB pension transfers
• Relevant experience in Complaints Handling in retail financial services, ideally in an IFA/Network environment, or equivalent to essential skills detailed above such as client file reviewing / para planning or similar.