Retail Financial Services Business offering Mortgages and Savings products are looking to appoint an Operations Control and Assurance Manager with primary responsibility to implement and embed an effective and independent assurance oversight model in the Operational 1st line of defence.
A specialised role, you will be expected to identify, manage and reduce risk with effective control testing and regular risk assessment reporting to senior management and committees on control testing outcomes, end to end reviews and proposed recommendations and or corrective / mitigating action plans.
• Drive and lead the execution of the Operations 1LoD risk and control testing
• Design and develop the Operations 1LoD risk and control testing assurance plan
• Ensure Ops 1LoD control assurance and oversight meets regulatory expectations and is aligned with the Operations Risk and Conduct Risk frameworks
• Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative and professional relationship with key stakeholders to co-ordinate the Ops 1LoD assurance plan.
• Communicate emerging risks or business threats that could influence the risk profile of Operations 1LoD
• Develop, agree and track mitigating corrective action plans where emerging risks, risk events have occurred or Operations 1LoD are outside of the Groups approved risk tolerances for area of responsibility
• Conduct regular lesson learnt activity where risk events, Compliance, Internal or External Audit have identified risk or control weaknesses for area of responsibility
• Ensure Operations 1LoD Risk Assessments and Risk Registers remain accurate and up to date for area of responsibility
• Support the maintenance of the Ops 1LoD framework, ensuring best practises and regulatory expectations are met and embedded
• Experience in Operational Risk, Quality and risk control self-assessment management
• Previous experience of working in a 1.5 control model or chief control office
• Strong and current knowledge of Conduct and Operational Risk and Control Management
• Understanding of FCA Principles
• Understanding of Vendor Management, Third Party risk management is desirable