Our client is a long established and well respected Insurance business who are looking to recruit a Risk & Compliance Manager. Reporting to the General Counsel and Company Secretary you will work to ensure that the business operates efficiently and effectively in the best interests of its members and in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This can if preferred be a largely home based role with occasional monthly visits to the firm’s office in Cheshire.
• Support the development of the compliance culture within the business, ensuring all policies, processes, procedures and training meet with UK and Irish financial regulation and legislation
• Liaise with the UK and Irish regulators as required to construct and submit Approved Person applications or changes to regulatory permissions in line with the firm’s governance arrangements.
• Provide guidance on actions required to achieve compliance with prevailing regulatory requirements and Codes of Practice as part of recommendations supporting the delivery of the strategy
• Ensure that the statutory regulatory returns for the UK and Ireland are collated and submitted on time
• Provide reports to Executive, the Risk and Compliance Committee and the Board on regulatory and risk matters and attend such Committee meetings as required
• Maintain the Risk Management Framework to ensure that an appropriate and proportionate risk governance regime is implemented
• Maintain and manage the Risk Dashboard, Risk Register and risk reporting tools to ensure risks are identified, reported and controlled appropriately
• Provide constructive challenge to the 1st line Risk Owners to ensure risks are adequately assessed and that evidence is available to demonstrate that stated controls are effective
• Maintain the Risk Management policies, processes, systems and controls to demonstrate ongoing oversight of risk activity across the business and ensuring an appropriate risk culture is embedded
• Good working knowledge of Risk and Compliance
• Insurance / ICOBS knowledge
• Good stakeholder engagement experience
• The SRCM will hold “Pre-Approved Controlled Function” (PCF) positions within the Central Bank of Ireland’s regulatory regime (PCF 12 Head of Compliance and PCF 14 Chief Risk Officer).
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.