Exciting opportunity for a Quality Engineer to join a growing New Product Development team with a leading wellbeing/retail business.
Within this role, you will work across all areas of the business to ensure consistent quality of products. You will be responsible for identifying and mitigating potential risks to the
business by assessing the product quality at key stages of the product life cycle.
You will focus on reducing the number of problematic issues that may arise during the
product development process with the goal to reduce return rate, improve product safety
and functionality. You will also be responsible for creating policies and documentation,
devising quality tests and defining the criteria that test results should meet.
What you’ll do:
● Conduct a thorough product evaluation to confirm 'fit for use' and highlight any
potential weakness in the design/components/operation
● Work with suppliers to ensure materials and component parts meet the company’s quality standards.
● Analyse product issues reported via customer feedback, maintaining records
and implementing changes to manufacturing when necessary - possibly via
an 8D report process.
● Perform Quality Risk Management (QRM) by troubleshooting and visualising
key areas of risk regarding new product developments and suggest
preventive measures to mitigate potential risks
● To develop an FMEA system and integrate it as a SOP within the product life
● Drive an ongoing programme of continuous improvement aimed at improving
both quality and efficiency
● Review and approve Quality/Technical Agreements with Suppliers and clients
● Liaise with international based factories and suppliers to troubleshoot potential
product issues from an electro-mechanical standpoint.
● Work to and Improve the quality system, providing internal training
when necessary & promote the quality culture
● Assist across different business units as required.
What you’ll need
● Strong understanding of consumer electronic products and the ability to
demonstrate experience with assessment of electro-mechanical products.
● 5-8 years experience in a QA role. Evidence of working to quality
management systems and investigative reporting.
● Experience working with electronic quality, document management and
learning management systems
● A strong Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as compression
moulding, injection moulding, die casting, metal fabrication working with
materials such as Silicone, TPE, TPU, ABS.
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal
stakeholders and external global suppliers
● A tenacious ‘hands on’ person with a can do attitude and the ability to dig
down and establish the root cause of issues
Back to Job Search
- Sector: Compliance
- Contact: Emilia Thomas
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 22 August 2021
- Job Ref: ET/17748