My client is a specialist and entrepreneurially led lending organisation who year on year have grown to become one of the market leaders in the field in which they operate.
Due to some internal movements they have a new requirement for a Data Protection Officer. Whilst they are looking to fill the role on a permanent basis, in the short term they may be open to considering an interim solution given the urgency in bringing someone in to enable an internal re shuffle to take place.
Reporting to the Group CRO, you will be responsible for seeing and driving the group’s Data Protection Compliance Strategy, through the development and oversight of the Data protection framework and ongoing monitoring activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting and maintaining oversight of the Group’s Data Protection Compliance Policy.
- To inform and advise the organisation and its employees about their obligations to comply with the Data Regulations.
- To monitor the organisation’s compliance with its obligations under the Data Protection Regulations
- Build and maintain a Data Protection Compliance Framework and monitor ongoing compliance with the key controls within.
- To manage the relationship with the regulator including notification of incidents and breaches
- Organise staff Data Protection awareness and training. Ensuring staff awareness of the organisation’s Data Protection Management and the requirements of the GDPR is maintained.
- Experience of Compliance/Assurance in Financial Services
- GDPR Practitioner Certificate/other relevant qualification
- Stakeholder management and influence experience
- Experience of managing and empowering teams
- Experience of continuous improvement activity driving high performance
Day rate range is broad and entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The role will initially be home based and will then revert to being office based with the potential of 1 day a week working from home.
MERJE is the only external recruiter who has been formally instructed on this role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.