£65,000 - £85,000
8 months ago
Our client is a long standing and entrepreneurially led financial services business. An exciting role currently exists for an individual to act as first point of contact on matters of risk, control, issues management and change. They will also take the lead on the reporting and analysis regarding risk and other issues across the businesses, providing independent assurance on business unit activities.
- Providing independent assurance on business unit activities.
- Partnering with core Business Area Management to provide advice and guidance on Risk Management in both existing and developing processes and systems; and in support of their accountability for Operational and Conduct Risk Management
- Implementation of a programme of on-going support and guidance to the Senior Management Team in respect of their understanding of and adherence to, the Group Risk Management Framework to deliver fair customer outcomes
- Monitoring risk information provided from risk and control data and from Business Areas, challenging the adequacy and completeness of the information generated, driving recommendations for improvement and obtaining management agreement to their implementation
- Ensure issues are reported and associated actions are owned, actioned and documented in a timely manner
- Developing and maintaining a detailed understanding of the business unit’s strategies, tactical plans and performance to ensure all risk impacts are identified, assessed, and mitigated in line with the business unit’s and groups overall risk appetite
- Ensure an effective risk assessment and reporting framework is in place to facilitate proactive management of business risks and the reporting, escalation and resolution of issues identified.
- Ensuring the governance framework is maintained within business units
- Providing expert risk advice, guidance and practical support on the interpretation and implementation of the Risk Framework in conjunction with Group Risk.
- Representative for Risk and quorum member at business unit operational, governance committees; providing a robust and proportionate review and challenge of information presented, ensuring potential impacts to the risk profile of the business unit and wider are considered and mitigated.
- Driving and embedding an effective risk management culture within the business units supporting the achievement of overarching risk culture objectives.
- Overseeing the design and delivery of risk management training tailored for all employee levels to support the success of the risk framework in conjunction with Group risk.
- Leading, motivating, coaching and developing direct reports to maximize capabilities and potential; ensuring regular quality performance reviews are undertaken and any performance issues are addressed.
- Leading the QA team to provide independent assurance that the business is providing effective, accurate and timely service through the delivery of customer centric QA and thematic reviews
- Implementing and driving a process management function to monitor and challenge the processes and process documentation used within the operation
- Managing and delivering effective policy management to build an appropriate policy framework within the business
- Extensive experience in Operational Risk gained within Financial Services
- Proven experience in managing people
- Able to run meetings and work with business teams effectively
- Capable of challenging views and opinions
- Proven experience in producing senior management reports and delivering information to stakeholders.
Salary range is broad as my client is keen to consider individuals at varying levels of experience. It will however be commensurate with experience and reflect the significance of the role.