Reporting directly to the Managing Director and Board of Directors, the Head of Compliance is responsible for directing and controlling the company’s compliance activities overseeing the company’s risk framework and contributing to the development of the Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of the company’s compliance function to ensure the company meets all regulatory requirements and guidance through the review of existing processes, procedures and controls and enhancing or implementing changes where required.
- Staying up to date with proposed regulatory changes relevant to the Pensions Industry, provide impact analysis of such changes and ensure proactive communication with the business to develop appropriate policy and framework to manage the changes
- Provide day to day advice and guidance to the business on technical compliance matters relating to the sector.
- Act as the first contact point for the Financial Conduct Authority, and other government bodies eg. FCSC
- Be accountable for the implementation of compliance policies, procedures and framework which require close collaboration with or execution by the business.
- Prepare and execute an annual Compliance Monitoring Plan for the business which includes regulatory reporting, sampling and returns.
- Provide reports where necessary to the wider group, including a Compliance Report directly to the Board of Directors.
- Provision of support across the business to support the business which will include education and training for sales, administration, marketing, finance. Contribute where required during the Company’s audits and reviews.
- Ensure all annual and ad hoc regulatory reporting obligations are satisfied and completed by their due date.
- To help deploy policies and procedures that align and monitor company activities to ensure compliance with government, legal and Company compliance standards.
- Conduct compliance risk assessment processes to detect process gaps and inconsistencies.
- Support and assist the business in the development and sign off new products.
- Acting as the Complaints Manager, co-ordinating, investigating and responding to all complaints and regulatory type investigations within required timeframes.
- Ensure all responsibilities as Data Protection Officer are carried out within a timely manner
- Carry out responsibilities as Money Laundering Reporting Officer, as required by the company, legislation and FCA Handbook.
- Co-ordinate the company’s approach to risk, manage the Risk Register, and chair the Risk Committee.
- Manage the workload of the Compliance Department and be responsible for the management and personal development of the Compliance Associate in the UK.
- Active participation in the various board committees and manager meetings across the wider Group, working closely with the Compliance teams in other jurisdictions.
- Strong Technical Compliance and Risk Management knowledge including laws and regulations in the Pension Industry.
- Worked in the Financial Services Industry in a Compliance role for at least 5 years and have had exposure to dealing with confidence with Regulators.
- Good leadership skills gained from experience with the ability to work well with leaders across the business and their own team. A commercial manager who will ensure all regulatory requirements are met, whilst considering the commercial aspects of the business.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.