£90,000 - £100,000 + benefits
6 days ago
My client is a market leader in their chosen field. Since its founding, a combination of organic growth and acquisitions have played a major part in the company’s progression to its current standing in today’s market.
As part of this exciting evolution, the organisation is now looking to appoint a Head of Compliance to manage the Compliance team, with direct line management of 3 managers and 8 officers.
The main purpose of the role will be to help the group in the identification, recording and updating of their regulatory obligations with regard to the regulated activities it performs. You will also provide leadership of the execution and maintenance of the Regulatory and Conduct risk policies, supporting the business, senior management, the Executive and the Board.
Key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for creating, completing, reporting and overseeing the implementation of remedial measures where deficiencies have been identified on the following at least annually to the Board:
- Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA) and
- Compliance Monitoring Programme (CMP).
- Creating, recording and updating a rules map for the organisation which identifies the relevant regulation for the regulatory activity undertaken.
- Responsible for identification, impact analysis and oversight of implementation of regulatory change via the regulatory change tracker.
- To provide guidance on the requirements for the periodic regulatory reporting and to ensure the information provided by the business is sent to the regulators in a timely manner.
- Ensure effective regulatory and conduct risk training is delivered across the group.
- Conduct regulatory due diligence and regulatory and conduct risk assessments of all proposed new acquisitions and new appointed representatives
- Responsible for assessing, registering and de-registering FCA senior management functions and approved persons, and CBI controlled functions.
- To devise, implement, record and maintain the Groups regulatory breaches register and monitor the closure of remedial action plans by the business.
- To devise, implement, record and maintain the process for notifications of issues to the regulators.
- To devise, implement and monitor the controls for the identification and oversight of material outsourcing arrangements by the business.
- To create, implement, investigate, record and report on the whistleblowing standard.
- Responsible for being the prime contact for maintaining an open and transparent relationship with the Financial Services Ombudsman Services in the UK and Ireland.
- Devising, implementing and updating the regulated complaints risk standard and procedure in accordance with the requirements of the FCA Handbook (DISP) and CBI (Consumer Code).
- Devising, implementing and delivering compliant root cause analysis.
- Provide the business with a proactive, expert and effective regulatory compliance advisory service on:
- New or changes to existing regulation
- New or changes to business products and processes
- Production of regular regulatory and conduct management information for all governance up to the Board
- Develop, implement and update adequate regulatory and conduct risk policies, standards and processes for the nature, scale and complexity of the business, and the nature and range of financial services and activities undertaken.
- To be one of the main contact points with the regulators and maintain a transparent and proactive manner in terms of the relationship. To retain the record of all regulatory interactions and oversight the delivery of regulatory requests for information or actions.
- Attendance at governance committees.
- Monitor and review objectives with team members on a regular basis, providing the necessary resources and support
- Ensure that timely and constructive feedback and coaching is provided to all team members, allowing them to grow and fulfil their potential.
- Excellent understanding of FCA/ CBI/ CCPC regulatory requirements and regulatory culture.
- Proven experience in liaising with regulatory bodies.
- Good understanding of consumer credit / insurance mediation activities.
- A strong and demonstrated ability to provide strategic compliance advice and a thorough understanding of relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely on complex regulatory compliance issues at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to resolve conflict and deal with confrontation through tact and skill.
- Proven leadership, coaching and development skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of governance and control frameworks
- Track record of strategy development and implementation
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.