11 months ago
MERJE are working with a successful and growing FinTech requiring an experienced hands on Head of Analytics to join their growing team of Risk, Compliance, Conduct, Analysts and Information and Cyber security.
They are on a mission to redefine the consumer finance experience
We’re looking for a focused professional who is ready to lead by example and is used to rolling up their sleeves to get things done. The successful candidate will help them replace start-up chaos with structure, confidently flip questions into solutions and work with the team to join us as our Head of Analytics.
You will work in a dynamic fast paced environment, delivering a significant change agenda for a business that is shaking up the Consumer Finance industry. Working with a passionate set of colleagues who excel at delivery you will have a varied and interesting portfolio of activity that is not constrained by the status quo.
- Leading a team of professional analysts to bring order out of the chaos of rapid growth
- Building lasting infrastructure to enable the business to succeed
- Organising our data sources to provide critical insight
- Providing automated output for regular reporting requirements
- Developing and monitoring credit, marketing and finance risk models
- Supporting ExCo with investor reporting and commentary
- Creating business models, including scenario analysis to make commercial recommendations to the wider executive team
Essential skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in an FCA regulated credit card business
- Proven ability to develop and lead an analytics team
- Traditional logistical model development alongside newer machine learning techniques
- Strong analytical skills with previous experience of developing models to regulatory standards
- The ability to prioritise workloads and manage time effectively
- Ability to interact and work alongside key stakeholders
- A hands on attitude…they’re a small team and we will need you to roll your sleeves up
- You have strong experience in the consumer lending market
- You have experience with SQL, R or Tableau
- You have an inquisitive nature and are able to provide insightful analysis
- You are comfortable using a direct language and speaking in a straightforward yet respectful manner to save peoples´ time and simplify everyone´s workday.
- You have a proven track record with working remotely. The business has developers across the world and colleagues often work away from the office. You need to be excellent at getting the most from a remote workforce
- You care deeply about helping customers manage their money smarter and want to make a tangible impact, in an outdated consumer finance industry, by applying technology and processes smarter
- You love rolling up your sleeves to get it done - you are hands-on, proactive and take solutions / process orientated approach to your work
- You are execution focused and love rolling up your sleeves to get it done - you are hands-on, proactive and take solutions / process orientated approach to your work
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.