c£60,000 plus benefits
11 days ago
MERJE are currently partnered with a leading retailer to recruit an experienced Financial Modeller with solid SQL experience to join their state of the art offices in Central Manchester. Our client is looking for an ambitious person to create and lead a Financial Modelling team
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Financial Modeller will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and Managing a team of Modellers
- Designing, building and maintaining the Group’s financial planning and forecasting models, which underpin the strategic financial plans and stress tests.
- Working with finance business partners, IT, Credit Risk, Operations and the business to design and implement the end-to-end Customer behaviour modelling solutions for new and existing products, strategic projects, regulatory changes and other business change activities
- Being the Subject Matter Expert in application and data flows contained within the planning process.
- Thorough knowledge, and experience, of Excel, VBA, C++
- Sound understanding of planning, stress testing, customer behaviour curves
- Highly effective communication skills at all levels including positive influencing of senior stakeholder
- Must have experience in creating models using SQL with an analytical mind
- Must have experience of working in a Financial Services environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to comfortably present to senior management
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills