Up to £70,000 pa
9 months ago
MERJE are currently partnered with a leading retailer to recruit an experienced Financial Modeller with solid SQL experience to join their state of the art offices in Central Manchester. Our client is looking for an ambitious person to create and lead a Financial Modelling team
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of Financial Modelling will be responsible for the following:
- Creating Statistical models from scratch as it is a brand-new role within the company
- Responsible for the definition, shaping and ongoing maintenance of all financial modelling and forecasting to enhance decision making, deliver more targeted acquisition and ultimately deliver profitable growth.
- Undertake specialised analysis to model historical data and provide forecasts based on various industry-related metrics for a range of different propositions.
- Conduct scenario analysis based on various factors that will help to assess the risk
- Proactively recommend + implement updates to financial models during periods of change
- Responsible for reviewing all financial models to arrive at preliminary conclusions and providing good quality and timely financial modelling advice to the business in a way that non-specialists can easily understand and absorb.
- Champion data quality and integrity, highlighting data quality issues and suggesting appropriate solutions.
- Share knowledge and experience, and analytical/modelling best practices as well as mentoring and development of team member skills
Key requirements include:
- A strong academic record with a good honours degree or equivalent qualification in a numerical subject
- Proven statistical modelling, forecasting and analytical experience
- Advanced Excel skills to expertly tackle complex mathematical problems.
- Able to articulate key messages and analysis outcomes clearly and concisely with a Pragmatic and analytical mind
- Extensive experience of completing complex data analysis and create proposals / provide recommendations on the back of analysis
- Any experience with SPSS, SAS, statistical or MI packages would be a bonus
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.