MERJE are pleased to be partnered with a prominent Manchester based Financial Services business in their search for a talented Financial Controls Manager.
Your new role:
The Financial Controls Manager will lead the Financial Control department, by managing and developing the financial control team and designing, implementing and embedding an appropriate and effective control framework, which adheres to UK Accounting Standards.
- Manage the month end process, including full balance sheet reconciliation.
- Continuously improve and manage an appropriate and effective end to end financial control framework, which is documented, risks managed and tracked.
- Lead the design and implementation of an appropriate and effective financial control framework. This should be completed to ensure accurate and timely financial information. Develop processes to test and report on the effectiveness of the control framework and track and record risks and issues to completion.
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management along with managing and developing the financial control team (team of 6, 4 direct reports).
- Support the annual reporting of the group’s consolidated financial statement and statutory reporting requirements, including subsidiaries. Liaise with external advisors to ensure the delivery of disclosures for external and statutory reporting.
- Assist with drafting papers for the Group FD, Audit and Risk Committee and External Auditors on the key areas of judgement used within the statutory accounts.
- Proactive process and procedure improvements, through automation and effective change management.
- Provide ad hoc financial information and support required by the business.
Managing your team:
- Driving and managing performance through coaching, support and strategic goals.
- Managing the colleagues through the colleague life cycle of employment:
- Training and mentoring
- Role model and set standards aligned to the company
Our Ideal Candidate:
- ACA (ICAEW), ACCA qualifications (or equivalent).
- Understanding of risk and control assessment and the design of appropriate controls.
- Strong performance management and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Word.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.