** Please only apply for this role is you have experience within Financial Services **
Your new role:
Reporting to the Head of FP&A, the Financial Analysis Manager will assist in the preparation of the financial forecasts and associated financial modelling for the Bank’s lending products in cards, unsecured loans and mortgages, under a range of scenarios.
The role will also include business partnering with teams from across the Bank to perform monthly trading performance reviews to understand variances to plan and add commercial insight.
Specific knowledge of bank economics (including regulatory capital and liquidity drivers), together with an understanding of the key drivers of value in each asset class is therefore required.
The role will also require detailed knowledge of product profitability so that the financial impact of new product launches is understood and continually reviewed by the business prior to “go-live”. At all stages, the underlying requirement is for ratification that a proposition remains economically viable before launch and risks are identified. Post product launch, the focus will be on profit optimisation and asset valuation and measuring actual performance will be key to ensuring that commercial opportunities are seized and risks mitigated.
Our Ideal candidate:
• A qualified accountant – ACA, ACAS, ACCA, CIMA.
• Detailed knowledge of the income streams, operating costs and associated drivers of the economics of a financial services product.
• Working knowledge of regulatory capital and liquidity drivers.
• Proactive in providing financial and commercial insight and challenges to other areas of the
• Strong excel skills necessary – detailed “what-if” analysis required and technical models to
maintain and develop.
• Comfortable working independently for long periods.
• Self-motivator with strong planning and organisational skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills including to Executive Level.
• Strong analytical skills using a range of tools including excel, access, SQL etc.
• Continual improvement mind-set to challenge existing processes.
Ability to demonstrate strong personal development skills.
• Competitive basic salary £55-60,000
• A relaxed, adult, flexible working environment.
• Private medical, dental and optical cover
• Strong pension offering
• Annual bonus scheme
• Monthly and annual social events
• Hybrid working model, both remote and office based options
• Opportunity to work for a progressive and exciting company.
• Enhanced, cutting-edge technology platforms to work on
• Open plan office with plenty of collaborative working space
• 25 days annual holidays, plus bank holidays with the option to buy or sell more.