c. £110,000 + Bonus + Benefits
3 months ago
Our client is an independent entrepreneurially-led residential development sector with a turnover of c. £60m and very impressive growth plans. They are seeking to recruit a commercially aware Finance Director to act as a business-partner to the new Managing Director and contribute to the growth and development of the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the effective financial management of the business and actively contribute to the formulation of short and long term business plans as a key member of the Board and the management team.
- Represent the business when dealing with finance and banking partners.
- Challenging operational management and provide the business with timely, insightful and actionable KPI and other information
- Co-ordinating and preparing strategic financial plans and annual budgets at key stages which are clear, credible and well founded
- Providing KPIs and other key measures to provide both forward looking and historic data on the business; to keep the business alert to gaps / capacity management and key risks
- Preparing and issuing on a timely basis monthly management accounts and forecasts for Board and executive management information and guidance
- Continuously developing processes and controls throughout the business which help the executive team to run the business effectively
- Supporting the MD in making sure that business discipline is rigorously enforced and agreed processes and procedures are followed especially cost control
- Managing the finance department so that it provides a dependable and accurate service to other departments, suppliers and subcontractors including efficient control of the purchase ledger
The successful candidate is likely to be a professionally qualified Accountant with significant Finance Director Experience gained within the property and/or construction sector.