This role will focus on Advice & Policy by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of current and changing regulatory requirements and trends, understanding and interpreting them for each business and providing expert advice and solutions to the businesses relating to relevant regulatory requirements.
· Be aware of current compliance requirements and regulation changes.
· Provide timely and relevant ad hoc regulatory advice and assistance, delivering compliant solutions.
· Work with management in each business to advise on appropriate systems and controls to ensure that each firm meets its regulatory obligations.
· Raise awareness and understanding of regulatory themes within each business.
· Regular review and roll out of Compliance policies.
· Review and sign off financial promotions, customer facing communications, scripts and web journeys where appropriate.
· Ongoing review of conduct risk metrics in each business.
· Handle complaints and provide advice to complaints teams.
· Design and deliver appropriate regulatory training to the businesses both on new regulatory changes, as well as any annual or ad hoc refresher training.
· Completion of any due diligence requests from Third Parties in relation to regulatory matters and review of third-party due diligence information
· Escalate to local management any regulatory risks identified.
· Escalate within the Compliance team any issues that may constitute a breach.
Qualifications / Experience:
· Insurance and/ or compliance qualification preferable.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a compliance advice or technical compliance role.
· Good understanding of general insurance products.
· Ability to understand impact on the business of any FCA changes.
· Working knowledge of financial promotions compliance.
· Working knowledge of ICOBS, SYSC, SUP, PROD, DISP.
Skills and Competencies:
· Strong communication skills in a variety of mediums.
· Effective negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
· Assertiveness and self-confidence.
· Attention to detail.
· Effective problem-solving skills.
· Commercial awareness.
· Analytical mind.
Well informed decision-making