12 days ago
Our client is a highly reputable financial services business who are currently recruiting for a Data Governance Officer. The Data Governance Officer will support the Data Protection Lead and requires a comprehensive knowledge of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You will need to be able to translate technical knowledge into operational practices to ensure a seamless governance structure is in place and be comfortable acting as the subject matter expert when required.
- maintain data protection procedures and activities in accordance with legislation, and act as the point of contact for the business providing robust advice on compliance with GDPR, monitoring adherence to requirements;
- development and maintenance of data governance policies and related supporting documents ensuring attention to detail;
- ensuring all relevant related policies are reviewed and approved on at least an annual basis with the relevant governing body;
- implement and oversee the Data Retention policy and schedule to ensure that data is retained in line with the approved schedules;
- maintain the Information Asset Register ensuring it contains an up to date record of all personal data processing activities;
- ensure that controllers, processors and data subjects are informed about their data protection rights, obligations and responsibilities and raise awareness about them.
- oversee the processing of data subject access requests in line with the Data Protection Act 2018;
- work with the Project/Change Management teams to complete Data Protection Impact Assessment and RAIDs for key projects;
- provide regulatory input to proposed projects and business activities;
- act as a central point of reference, deal with complex cases and provide advice on data governance matters including third party contracts;
- investigating any potential and actual data breaches alongside the operational teams and subsequent reporting to the Information Commissioners Office;
- Relevant Data Protection qualification
- Proven ability to understand relevant regulations and legislation, apply and embed them within BAU operations.
- Highest standard of honesty, integrity and conduct .
- Able to produce output to high standard within a specific timeframe
- Experience of producing and delivering MI to senior management