Our client is a highly reputable financial services business who are currently recruiting for a newly created role of Data Governance Officer. Reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, the role is designed to assist the business in achieving full compliance with regulatory and legal obligations.
Work with the Data Protection Lead to develop and implement data governance arrangements to support compliance with current legislation, industry standards, to include but not limited to:
- maintain Data Protection procedures and activities in accordance with legislation, advising on compliance with GDPR, monitoring adherence to requirements;
- ensure that all relevant related policies are reviewed and approved on at least an annual basis;
- maintain the Information Asset Register ensuring it contains an up to date record of all personal data processing activities;
- oversee the Data Retention policy to ensure that data is retained in line with the approved schedules;
- oversee the processing of data subject access requests in line with the Data Protection Act 2018;
- work with the Project teams to complete Data Protection Impact Assessment and RAIDs for key projects;
- investigating any potential and actual data breaches and subsequent reporting to the Information Commissioners Office; and
- produce management information to a high standard by the required timeframe for submission to the relevant Committee and/or Board.
- Relevant Data Protection qualification
- Proven ability to understand relevant regulations and legislation, apply and embed them within BAU operations.
- Highest standard of honesty, integrity and conduct .
- Able to produce output to high standard within a specific timeframe
- Experience of producing and delivering MI to senior management