An experienced Credit Risk professional is required to support the delivery of varied credit risk analysis for a well-known UK bank. The business has been providing a range of highly rated banking and insurance products to customers for nearly 25 years.
This role will be based out of the Edinburgh office, however, majority working from home can be supported with requirement to be in Edinburgh as little as 2 days per month. The business also has locations in Glasgow and Newcastle should you live near these cities and prefer to be office based.
Credit Risk Specialist, Up to £49,000 per annum
Applicants must be located and eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
- Leverage credit risk expertise across data, systems, processes and products as well as specialist knowledge of provisioning, IFRS9 and retail credit strategy to develop optimal analytical approaches and deliver successful credit risk projects, such as forecasting bad debt performance
- Support the production of credit risk portfolio analysis and management information to understand and explain trends, variances and performance, supporting business growth within risk appetite
- Collaborate with stakeholders and risk teams to deliver sound credit risk expertise and guidance to meet business objectives
- Provide expert consultancy and support across the risk management team
- Mentor and guide junior team members
Required knowledge and experience:
- 4+ years’ experience in credit risk analytics within Retail Financial Services / Banking, with specialist knowledge of provisioning, IFRS9 and retail credit strategy
- Strong SAS and Excel skills – including data manipulation and extraction
- Strong analytical and numerical abilities, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to effectively translate data and analysis into valuable insight and communicate this to management
- Comfortable working in the Edinburgh office for a minimum of 2 days per month
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.