almost 2 years ago
Would you like to work for the UK’s fastest growing FinTech Digital Bank, with an opportunity to really elevate your career within a team that can offer rapid career progression?
Do you want to gain experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, purpose-driven organisation?
What about the opportunity to work in a supportive environment that encourages learning and improvement?
Would you relish the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology?
We are looking for an experienced Credit Risk Analyst to join our Clients dynamic and growing team based in London (N1) where you will be delivering world-class analytics for the benefit of the customer is at the heart of business vision. Working in a small team, with experienced professionals means you get a lot of responsibility and lots of opportunities to learn and develop. Reporting to the Lead Credit Risk Analyst, the Credit Risk Analyst supports the banks ambitious growth agenda, by putting data at the heart of decision-making and translating both data and analytics into actionable strategies. As a Credit Analyst will work cross-functionally on a variety of business issues to deliver long-term commercial value to the business and provide ongoing value to the customer. You will develop credit strategies that ensure that credit losses don’t exceed industry levels and are within the declared risk appetite.
- Help develop and maintain credit risk strategies through the customer life-cycle with a focus on collections
- Help maintain the impairment calculation methodology and help towards management of impairment line
- Help develop and maintain customer lifetime value models to allow the business to develop and maintain collections strategies
- Assess, analyse and respond to key strategic issues that may impact product profitability or customer benefits
- Mine internal and external data using latest data mining tools such as SQL, SAS or Python.
- Work with statistical models e.g. logistical regression, Churn analysis, Decision tree, Survival analysis.
- Produce analytical reports to monitor risk performance and commercial performance
- Maintain feedback loop between forecast and actuals, as well as spot unexpected trends and dive into potential issues
- Develop effective relationships with internal and external partners including Product, 2nd line Risk, Finance, Compliance, and Legal.
Our Ideal candidate:
- Building on your experience to date in Financial Services or Consumer Lending, or starting your banking career, you will be looking for an opportunity to use your knowledge in a dynamic, agile environment, working with Subject Matter Experts and growing your own skills and knowledge with the growth of the company
- You must be a confident user in Excel
- Have working knowledge of a data-mining tool – SQL, SAS, R, Python
- Understanding of data warehousing
- Understanding of Credit Bureau data concepts
- Experience of Financial Services industry
- Knowledge of retail collections practices
- Knowledge of Fintech space
Other Qualities we are looking for:
- A passion for championing the customer
- Motivated by purpose-led organisations
- High levels of personal and professional integrity
- An entrepreneurial approach with an ability to operate both at a strategic level and to be hands on
- A positive, self-sufficient leader with excellent communication skills, intellect and energy
- Very sound judgment and business instinct with a desire to challenge traditional thinking
- Highly organised with a flexible approach to working
- Ability to encourage follower-ship, motivate and develop a diverse group of people towards a challenging goal
- Determined to succeed, high energy with humility and a strong personal drive.
- A collaborative working style
- A very strong work ethic and a focus on delivery
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.