The role is to design and implement the compliance monitoring plan within the business and will include compliance oversight on a risk basis of key third-party suppliers. It will follow the framework of a risk-based compliance monitoring programme plus investigate any relevant or material issues/exceptions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop a risk-based compliance monitoring plan fit for the company’s size, scale and complexity.
- Delivering and implementing risk-based compliance monitoring reviews as detailed within the annual compliance monitoring plan.
- Ensure compliance monitoring methodology and reporting is adopted by the business and to oversee that business compliance arrangements are delivered within the appropriate risk appetite, regulatory tolerances and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare necessary reports including findings, actions for key stakeholders, covering monitoring exceptions and progress within the monitoring plan.
- Assist the CRO with the preparation of reports to relevant boards and committees, highlighting any specific high-risk areas, management of actions and progress against the compliance monitoring programme.
- Maintain awareness of global regulatory developments with regards to all activities undertaken by the business.
- Provide technical support to the wider compliance and risk team to maximise added value and efficient use of resources.
- Promote a good risk and compliance culture across the business.
- Significant experience of working in compliance and understanding of the FCA rules
- Confident guiding senior executives on compliance matters
- Confident solving complex compliance related problems
- Experience of improving processes to ensure the company is compliant and performing effectively