Long established, my client is a market leader in the field in which they operate. Due to extensive growth, they are expanding their Risk & governance team and they have a newly created requirement for a Business Resilience Manager who will be integral in contributing to the on-going development and maintenance of the Business Resilience Framework
The role will be predominantly home based with an expectation to visit HO no more than once or twice a month. Occasional travel will be required based on business demands
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the on-going development and maintenance of the Business Resilience Framework, ensuring a consistent approach and execution across all functions and locations.
- Collaborate with business functions in completing annual Business Impact Assessments (BIA) and development of Business Continuity Plans (BCP). Provide independent challenge to the assumptions of each 1st line business function.
- Conduct threat risk assessments to help estimate the likelihood and impact of a range of industry, location and business specific resilience risks including third party and ‘supply chain’ risks. Focusing planning and testing on the more likely / higher impact incidents that the Business may be exposed to.
- On-going support of the Business exercising programme, considering a range of scenarios to test arrangements and recovery capabilities. To include third party suppliers and recovery & resilience arrangements.
- Evaluate 3rd Party risks and implement a programme designed to assess and monitor supplier resilience.
- Write reports to summarise testing activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Provide support to management, as requested, when a disruptive event, incident and/or crisis occurs.
- Contribute to resilience and crisis management training.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and monitoring of internal indicators and metrics which enable the business to understand and improve its performance and assess its efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate across the business, to continually identify the operations, processes and technologies required in building and maintain optimal recovery plans/arrangements.
- An energetic self-starter with the ability to work under pressurised conditions and with experience of building relationships with Stakeholders and third parties
- Experienced Operational/Business Resilience capability
- Significant experience of defining BR/BC priorities and translating these into operational and strategic plans
- Subject matter expertise and implementation of BR/BC approaches
- Experience of implementation of Operational/Business Resilience frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to balance priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. The package will also include a car allowance and bonus potential of circa 10%
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.