4 months ago
Financial Services business, located in Manchester, are looking to appoint a Risk and Controls Manager with the roles primary focus being to ensure a robust risk and control framework is in place and to support the business by managing and reporting on incidents, risks, compliance and internal audit recommendations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a comprehensive risk register
- Work closely with Group Risk and Compliance to ensure risk methodology is aligned
- Lead on incident management to triage, mitigate and report in a timely manner
- Partner with risk owners to design and maintain effective controls
- Support commercial teams in maintaining an updated Risk Portal
- Produce regular reporting at all levels including board to provide assurance over risk/incident management
- Lead on design of effective controls and testing to ensure risk profile is within tolerance
- Chair monthly risk forum reporting to ensure upstream reporting is effective at providing assurance
- Provide regular reports and updates on all outstanding audit actions
- Strong understanding of FCA guidelines and regulatory environment.
- Experience working within a 1st line risk and control / operational risk position gained within a FCA regulated business.
- Full understanding of risk management and key risk indicators.
- Experience of designing control frameworks
- Ability to develop senior management reporting and present well at this level
Strong communication skills with ability to collaborate cross-function