My client a leading, recognisable retailer requires a talented Tax Manager to join their growing organisation.
Working with the Head of Tax &Treasury, you will deliver a range of tax services across all taxes, including preparation of UK Corporation Tax and VAT returns, overseeing the preparation of overseas tax returns, preparation of transfer pricing documentation and assisting the Head of Tax &Treasury with ad hoc tax matters.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Prepare and submit quarterly UK VAT returns
• Prepare and submit the annual Corporation Tax returns and prepare Quarterly Instalment calculations.
• Oversee the preparation of overseas Corporation Tax and VAT returns prepared by external advisors.
• Calculate the current and deferred tax charge and provide the tax disclosures for the group’s financial statements (under IFRS).
• Maintain accurate tax cash flow budgeting and forecasting.
• Liaison with HMRC and statutory auditors with support from the Head of Tax &Treasury.
• Assisting the Head of Tax & Treasury with the maintenance of the group’s tax governance and control
• Assisting the Head of Tax &Treasury with the identification of potential risks and opportunities.
What we’re looking for:
• Strong knowledge of relevant Corporation Tax and VAT issues.
• Experience with the preparation of complex Corporation Tax and VAT returns.
• Knowledge and experience of Partial Exemption and VAT Bad Debt Relief desirable but not essential.
• Experience of tax accounting for consolidated groups (preferably under IFRS).
• Excellent data management and processing skills.
• The ability to build relationships at all levels.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.