MERJE are partnered with a leading Advisory business that offer Insurance, Legal and Tax solutions direct to customers or via brokers, solicitors or accountants.
- Delivery of high quality UK VAT advice on a variety of business scenarios through telephone communication.
- Reviewing and assisting with the drafting of documentation as required
- Working in accordance with agreed service levels
- Management of own workload ensuring that a high standard in relation to both productivity and efficiency is maintained
- Maintaining a sound working knowledge of all aspects of UK VAT and best practice
- Liaising with and supporting fellow colleagues in a team-like manner as the operational needs of the business dictate
- Maintaining and producing paper based and electronic records where required
- Liaising with the wider business as appropriate
- Our Ideal Candidate:
- Have a high level of UK VAT experience across a range of topics
- Ideally be qualified at ATT level or higher – CIOT / CTA – Highly Desireable
- Have experience of communicating effectively in a professional environment with a range of people
- Have good IT skills across Microsoft, Word, Outlook etc
- Excellent data entry skills and attention to detail/accuracy
- Have excellent customer care skills, and an ability to empathise with callers where necessary
- Be commercially aware at all times and to offer both practical as well as legal solutions
- Have an analytical and problem–solving approach to advice
- Be flexible and adaptable both within the VAT helpline team and assisting the wider business as needs dictate
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment and uphold company standards
- Have good document drafting skills and an eye for detail
- Have the ability to gain and retain the client confidence
- Have sound working knowledge of all appropriate electronic research facilities
- Have the ability to produce written guidance to the client of a high standard that is clear, practical, and legally accurate.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.