My client is a long established mutual General Insurance business who are expanding their Risk & Compliance team to support the Groups strategic growth plans and initiatives. Driven by providing an excellent service, their mutual ethos means this is a very unique place to work.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Risk Manager to join their Governance, Risk & Compliance Department on a permanent basis. The role will predominantly be home based but with an option to visit the office if you are local and would want to do this
Reporting to the Senior Group Risk Manager, the post holder will:
- Have the ability to effectively challenge stakeholders at all levels on application of the risk framework whilst being open-minded to all factors including personal feedback
- Support the business in embedding the risk management framework including helping them to identify and control risks.
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire colleagues to be pro-active on risk management matters
- Monitor incident reporting and track resolutions and provide analysis on trends and root cause analysis
- Support the business by building strong and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide risk training and support to key stakeholders including assisting with the development of control test plans and corrective action follow up
- Assist with risk reporting including those to Committees and the Board
- Represent Risk & Compliance on projects as appropriate
- Support Risk & Compliance Monitoring including action resolution and tracking and analysis of the wider impacts on the risk framework
- Manage the day to day performance of the Risk Management system to ensure it operates effectively
The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a risk management role in a FCA regulated financial services business. Skilled in innovating new risk management practices and frameworks with experience and knowledge of enterprise risk management principles, best practice, and regulatory compliance.
A strategic thinker who is proactive and a confident communicator you will also be able to influence stakeholders and leverage/negotiate resources across the organisation to achieve goals and deliverables.
Salary range is broad and entirely commensurate with experience.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.