to £55,000 + Bonus + Benefits
over 1 year ago
My client is an FCA authorised venture capital business.
They are currently seeking a Risk Manager to provide Risk oversight and support to the group on the implementation and embedding of the Risk Management framework.
The group is undergoing a phase of rapid growth where you will be afforded a chance to make your mark and be a significant part of the groups development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the Risk framework is effective and provide challenge accordingly
- Drive a robust risk culture across the businesses working closely with senior leadership teams
- Providing training and coaching across the business, educating and developing accordingly
- Manage the risk management matrix.
- Identify new and emerging business risks offering mitigation and management
- Ensure risks of a significant nature and impact are brought to the Compliance Directors attention
- Prepare risk reports/updates to the Compliance Director for the Operational Board
- Advise and monitor follow-up on specific risk matters jointly with the operational functions
- Ensure awareness of staff on Risk matters
- Facilitate regular review and update of risks and control with all risk owners
- Chair exec team risk review meetings, providing effective reporting of risks over appetite and tracking actions to ensure risk treatment and mitigation activities are effective
- Proven experience of working in an FCA environment in a Risk role
- Self-starter: ability to take initiative and develop their own ideas
- Good Communication skills – ability to interact with senior personnel to promote good behaviours throughout organisation
- Good judgement and ability to interpret requirements in a commercial environment and provide pragmatic effective solutions.
- Can do attitude and thrives on challenges.
This is a ‘hands on’ role working as part of a small dedicated team and the successful candidate will have a flexible approach and a ‘can do’ attitude to problem solving. The ability to work autonomously is important as is the ability to manage multiple work flows.
Salary will be entirely commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. Benefits package is comprehensive and the role will also qualify for a bonus which could be significant and will be dependent on individual and company performance.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.