£70,000 - £80,000
about 2 months ago
My client is a Global Professional Services firm specializing in the Insurance Industry. Due to organic growth they are looking to hire an experienced Insurance Risk professional.
Reporting to the UK Head of Risk, who acts as CRO for the regulated insurance businesses, your key responsibilities will include: -
- Managing the day-to-day activities of the risk management function.
- For each of the regulated insurance businesses:
- Manage the processes related to the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment
- Produce ORSA reports for the regulated insurance businesses managed by business.
- Prepare risk aspects of regulatory returns (Bermudian BSCR returns, Solvency 2 RSR and SFCR returns).
- Identify and evaluate key risks in conjunction with other senior management.
- Manage the Risk Register to ensure that it reflects the evolving risk profile of the business.
- Draft risk papers for inclusion in board and formal committees.
- Understand changes of risk impact and likelihood, changes on the efficiency and effectiveness of controls, and their potential effect on capital management.
- Embed risk management in corporate culture.
- Programme management of risk related projects.
- Ensure appropriate communication and training of risk issues.
- Manage team members appropriately including appraisals, training, recruitment, and performance management.
- Ensure you are kept abreast of relevant regulatory and legislative changes
- Significant experience of working within or for the insurance industry, either for an insurance company, services provider or consultancy in a Risk function.
- Knowledge in and experience of assurance and risk processes.
- Strong technical understanding of ORSA processes, including capital adequacy assessment and the use of internal models.
- Excellent organisational skills
- First class report writing skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills.