c.£30,000 - £35,000 + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Our client is a well-respected Insurance business who are looking to recruit a Risk and Compliance Monitoring Officer to provide first line support and advice to the business to ensure it meets its regulatory requirements and that compliant business processes are maintained.
- Monitor the UK regulatory landscape (consultation papers, policy statements etc.) to identify the impact of change on the business and assist in making suitable recommendations to the business.
- Deliver the annual Compliance Monitoring Plan, by undertaking the agreed compliance audits throughout the year and reporting on key findings to the Risk and Compliance Committee.
- To fully participate in the Risk and Compliance function and to provide or contribute to monthly reports as requested.
- To assist the Senior Risk and Compliance Manager in the collation and reporting of risk information.
- Provide day to day compliance advice to the business to support a range of key business projects and back-office processes so that regulatory requirements are met.
- Review and approve communications and other financial promotions in accordance with FCA, PRA, and other relevant regulations.
- Undertake quality assurance reviews on calls which have been monitored by the Operations team to ensure the business operates in a compliant manner.
- Provide reports to the second line to highlight any areas of weakness.
- Promote and enhance the risk and compliance culture, to ensure customers are treated fairly and receive appropriate outcomes.
- Provide a hands-on approach to assist the business in achieving its objectives.
- Possess an understanding of PRA and FCA rules to include experience of the FCA Handbook requirements of PRIN, SUP, SYSC, ICoBs and DISP.
- Have a basic understanding of the principles of risk management.
- Have an ability to provide constructive feedback and challenge in a 1st line capacity.
- Possess proven IT skills and the ability to create and maintain audit trails.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.