MERJE are partnered with a growing Financial Services business in their search for a talented Regulatory Reporting Analyst.
Due to increased workloads, you will be joining a successful, established team that can support your continued professional growth and development.
Reporting directly to the Regulatory Reporting Manager the key purpose of this role is to prepare accurate and timely regulatory reporting templates and similar external reports for review by the Regulatory Reporting Manager with a core focus on the more technically challenging areas of financial, capital and liquidity reporting for a regulated banking entity. The Regulatory Reporting Accountant will also be part of the team responsible for analysing data and ensuring consistency across returns and legal entities, providing support for ad-hoc data requests.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Good experience of financial reporting, involving data interrogation and analysis
- Previous experience within Financial Services/Banking
- Strong knowledge of Excel with emphasis on data query techniques
Your new role:
- Prepare key regulatory returns for review by the Regulatory Reporting Manager including Prudential and statistical reporting for the PRA, FCA and Bank of England.
- Review of regulatory returns prepared offshore.
- Maintain key Excel support spreadsheets, including ensuring compliance with End User Computing requirements
- Prepare analysis of key regulatory returns, investigate variances and escalate concerns to the Regulatory Reporting Manager.
- Provide analytical support for key data requests including thematic reviews
- Ensure timely submission of key regulatory returns following completion of all necessary controls and checks.
- Maintain understanding of regulatory reporting requirements
- Assist in the implementation of new requirements.
- Assist the regulatory reporting manager in maintaining a controlled and auditable framework, ensuring a robust analytical environment is in place. Assist in maintaining process documentation for the purposes of internal and external audit.
- Technical input into capital adequacy projections
- Maintain good inter-department relationships where there are significant inter-dependencies e.g. IT, Treasury and Operational Finance, Planning and Core Finance.
- Support the project work relating to regulatory developments
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation’s Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation’s Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company’s compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
- 2 years previous experience working within financial services is essential
- 2 years previous experience of financial reporting is essential.
- 12 months previous experience in a role involving data interrogation and analysis is essential
- Previous experience in the preparation of Pillar III disclosures is desirable
- Strong knowledge of Excel with emphasis on data query techniques such as pivot tables is essential
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting and financial reporting is essential.
- Intermediate knowledge of the financial services and banking industry is essential.
- Basic Knowledge of the regulatory framework is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Basel 3 and/or CRD IV (including COREP) is desirable
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and growing business that also offer a competitive salary, financial support for continued professional development after 6 months tenure plus excellent benefits that include:
- Discretionary annual bonus opportunity of up to 15%
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension (8% employer 5% employee)
- Life Assurance (4x salary) plus Group Income Protection
- Access to Private Medical Insurance and Medical Cash Plan
- Additional benefits such as, Cycle Purchase scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Holiday purchase / sell schemes, Employee Perk Portals and Save as you Earn scheme.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.