Remote working role with visits to the Cardiff office 1 to 2 times per month
My client is looking for a Project Manager to be responsible for the delivery of IT regulatory and business change projects; on time, within budget and in scope. The Project Manager will ensure change is managed to a high standard, working closely with stakeholders and technical teams to ensure the projects deliver the expected benefits
• Manage all aspects of the project lifecycle to ensure the change agenda is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
• Mange the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project plans, documentation and reporting, in line with project governance.
• Ensure all project effort and spend is recorded to drive effective financial reporting.
• Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs using the change management process.
• Develop a communications strategy for both stakeholders and end users. Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
• Proactively and efficiently identify, manage and mitigate risks and issues throughout the lifecycle of a project, escalating as appropriate. Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
• Prepare reports for senior management and stakeholders regarding status of projects, including key risks and issues and associated mitigants.
• Liaise with external parties as required to ensure all change is aligned and dependencies effectively managed.
Skills, knowledge and Experience
• Knowledge of project delivery methodologies and their successful application.
• Extensive knowledge of project governance.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Project.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience working within a Financial Services IT environment delivering multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of Financial Services regulations and experience of delivering regulatory projects.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering projects using formal methodologies.
• Strong attention to detail, with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent planning, documentation, report writing and presentation skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• Project Management Qualification.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.