In your role as Paraplanner, you’ll provide high quality report writing and technical support to a team of financial advisors. Their day to day work is focused around wealth planning, investment business and constructing tax efficient strategies for their clients using both onshore and offshore investments.
Key responsibilities include:
• Responsible for ensuring that the advisors’ files are robust and contain no regulatory breaches
• Liaising with T&C to ensure the advisers are meeting minimum standards regarding advice and challenging advisors around suitability of advice.
• Acting as a point of contact for the advisers to discuss technical product queries and knowledge
• Helping to ensure the firm is not exposed to any unnecessary risk regarding suitability of advice and file standards
• Supporting advisors with any technical queries they may have on various topics including tax planning
• Producing complex tax calculations to include in reports and on an ad hoc basis
• Communicating effectively with colleagues at all levels, up to senior management
• Analysing and interpreting information received from the advisor and providing technical input to any solutions as required
• Producing suitability reports in connection with post-settlement financial advice for financial advisers
• Carrying out research into products and providers as required
• Minimum Level 4 qualified or equivalent
• Have experience of working in a wealth management environment
• Up to date knowledge of current tax law and financial regulation is essential.
• Extensive knowledge of UK tax and financial planning principles will be required to challenge the advisers around the suitability of their advice.
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Paul Clayton on 0161-883-2747 or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.