Circa £60,000 + Benefits
4 months ago
Our client, one of the UK’s oldest and well-respected leisure organisations, require an Internal Controls Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will responsible for developing and expanding the controls framework and focusing on the IT General Controls Framework and the controls around 3rd party service providers.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Documenting process flows for IS and Procurement and ensuring that controls are in place to mitigate risk throughout the processes.
- Helping to challenge and drive our Controls Framework forwards, expanding it to include key non-financial risks across the Group.
- Developing and owning Group wide policies and procedures, driving consistency across Brands and Group.
- Producing reports and summaries to engage and update key stakeholders.
- Ensuring evidence exists to support assessments and to provide assurance to internal and external audit. Working with Internal Audit and external auditors to ensure our controls framework meets the needs of the business and ensures an efficient external audit process and controls reliance.
Essential skills include:
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE
- A broad understanding of business processes, evaluating risks and designing and implementing controls
- 3rd party reliance audit requirement
- Rounded technical skills - expertise across a range of accounting and financial areas
- Analytical skills – ability to identify core issues and provide assessments
- Controls experience in a large/listed company
- Proven experience of development and improvement of control framework
- Broad commercial experience, understanding end to end business processes
- Driving process change / improvements
- Procurement & IT general controls experience
Knowledge of ERP systems / Sox and ISO27001/ISO27002 experience is desirable.