Up to £500 per day
over 2 years ago
My client a FTSE listed large Manufacturing company urgently require an Interim Financial Controller to support the Finance Director within a key Division.
With a focus on improving the performance of the Division, key responsibilities include
- Controlling the company performance forecasts, budget process and financial modelling.
- Preparing board finance papers, supporting analysis and insight through partnering with Divisional Directors coordinating their forecasts and controlling the overall position for the business.
- Providing strong commercial finance support to business units giving financial insight, driving improvement in performance.
- Preparing and contributing to the monthly Divisional performance review process to the MD.
- Managing the management control and reporting system process, tracking financial performance and strategic initiatives KPI’s.
- Controlling, validating and leading the financial position on PMO/Transformation activities.
Being a qualified accountant you will have demonstrable experience of business partnering and improving performance gained within a large company environment. Along with the following skills and experience
- Interest and experience in building insightful and visual reporting.
- Excellent presentation and reporting writing skills (Microsoft, Powerpoint, Word) – creating clarity out of data.
- Strong analytical and financial modelling skills (principally Microsoft Excel and Cognos).
- Good collaborative style with peers and colleagues from other functions.
- Ability to multi-task and meet regular deadlines, requiring excellent time management and organisational skills.
- A commitment to high personal and professional standards.
- Planning, problem solving, and decision making ability and the desire to look for new ways of doing things.
- Inter-cultural awareness and pragmatism.
- Enjoy working in a changing and challenging environment.
Due to the urgency of the role an immediate start is required, with an initial duration of 6 months there may be an opportunity to extend or become permanent if desired.