up to £175,000 + Bonus + benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is a FTSE 250 listed organisation and one of the world’s most trusted names in the field in which they operate. They have a unique opportunity for a strategic and commercial risk leader who will be responsible for the delivery of a material uplift in risk capability across investment, enterprise, operational, environmental and emerging risks to underpin the ongoing growth and transformation of the business.
The individual will ensure an appropriate risk culture and understanding of the organisations risk appetite, creating an environment where high-quality risk and compliance management solutions and services are designed and embedded in all business units.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide astute, commercial and technical advice to senior business leaders, Board members and other functional stakeholders, and will do so in an environment where the industry and broader economic landscape is constantly changing.
- Establish a strong reputation for risk thought leadership and performance across the organisation.
- Able to educate and influence senior managers across the business.
- Take a strategic approach to risk management, covering portfolio performance, funding risk management and capital availability.
- Maintain strong relationships with lines of business to enable effective oversight of risk issues and provide assurance that all risk issues are being properly managed.
- Ensure that the Group has effective risk management principles and systems in place. This includes oversight of the identification, assessment and monitoring remedial outcomes of all risks.
- Regular risk reporting to the relevant governance committee including the Board and Audit & Risk Committees.
- Develop the risk strategy and tools to support and drive the groups commercial activity.
- Develop, implement and embed a best-in-class risk management framework and associated governance, risk appetite and limits.
- Define objective measures and thresholds of risk.
- Define risk appetite statements – at a granular level.
- Define and implement a controls framework across the business.
- Develop Investment Risk and Operational Risk policies and standards.
- Ensure genuine controls are in place and that managers are certifying those controls are effective
- Embed a 3 lines of defence model
- Detailed knowledge and experience of embedding and enterprise wide risk management framework
- Significant experience in a financial services or investment business
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practice risk management
- Experienced in understanding investment risk, project performance risk and capital allocation
- Significant experience operating as CRO or Director/Partner in a professional services company
- Prepared to operate in a small team and be hands on
The role is being recruited on an initial fixed term contract for a period of 12-18 months initially and with the specific mandate to implement and embed an enterprise wide risk management framework. Taking into account the wider plans of the business there is the potential for the role to be extended or made permanent but this is by no means guaranteed
Salary range is broad and entirely dependent on experience but commensurate with the role.
Initially the role would be home based and then moving forward they would be looking at a flexible working arrangement that is likely to be 3 days in the office and 2 days from home. There is also the potential of some international travel further down the line and when it is allowed and safe to do this of course.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.