c. £850.00 per day
9 months ago
Our client is a highly respected mortgage intermediary who are looking to recruit an Interim Chief Risk Officer on an initial 6-9 month contract. The role will provide direction on the risk and compliance policies and processes helping drive the strategy and ethos of the businesses in alignment with the wider FS Executive Team. The CRO holds ultimate responsibility for the risk and compliance functions within the structure and acts as a technical expert to colleagues directly along with the Group as a whole.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the risk department, improve the risk management framework, oversee and manage market risk, and operational risk functions in all business activities for the company;
- Develop and implement the risk management policies, standards and processes;
- Monitor changes in the market and updates from the Regulator (FCA) to anticipate and respond to required changes and trends, working closely with colleagues and subordinates to appropriately react and manage the updates;
- Develop risk modelling and implement risk management system - Identify the requirements and oversee the risk management model development;
- Liaise with colleagues about the regulatory updates and ensure adherence to the governance obligations including regulatory filing requirements;
- Oversee the Compliance functions working closely with the Compliance Director to manage the output of these teams (including the Complaint’s Team) to ensure regulatory standards are met and issues are rectified swiftly and appropriately;
- Manage the many stakeholders of the CRO role including Plc Director’s, customers, and clients along with teams and subordinates applying appropriate levels of knowledge and understanding to ensure information is clear and understood by all parties;
- Act as a SME for the application of SMCR within the business, supporting colleagues to manage their own responsibilities and enable others to take personal charge of their roles with the provision of expert guidance.
The ideal Candidate:
- At least 10 years of experience in Risk Management / Compliance
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proactive, persistent, flexible and attention to detail
- Delivery of a CRO role or equivalent in a Financial Services (preferably Intermediary) market
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.