c. £100,000 plus benefits
about 1 year ago
My client is a well-known entrepreneurially led consumer finance business looking for a Head of Risk & Compliance who will report to the CRO and lead part of the groups second line of defence risk and compliance function along with being a member of the senior management team for the Broking business area.
You will be expected to provide strong management to the Risk and Compliance team, which consists of Compliance Monitoring Officers, Risk Partners, Quality Assurance (QA) and Governance Partners.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure the 2nd line function offers high quality advice, assurance, support and challenge to the business, and / or Directors
- Review existing and new legislation/ regulation requirements to ensure any future regulatory developments and key risks are identified and monitored
- Provide regular departmental reporting to the quarterly operational meeting presenting to the Executive Directors
- Prepare and present at the Risk Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all risks are adequately identified, assessed, managed and monitored in line with the Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the business
- Act as a deputy DPO for the business ensuing all data requirements under DPA 2018 are effectively managed and maintained, and any issues arising are escalated within sufficient timescales to the DPO
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance Methodology and Risk Based Approach
- Identify areas of non-compliance and ensure these are communicated, reported and escalated effectively.
- Responsible for the firms regulatory reporting submissions and maintaining the Financial Services Register information and regulatory activities
- Review financial promotions and marketing to provide necessary sign off in line with regulatory requirements
- Previous risk and compliance leadership experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the FCA’s regulatory framework
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering requirements, DPA legislation, Corporate Governance and other relevant legislation, such as Anti-bribery and corruption, and be able to apply this knowledge in ensuring the Group complies with legislation and guidance
- Ability to interact and influence across senior stakeholders and Senior Management
- Regulatory knowledge to include some or all of the following
- Consumer Credit regulation (CONC)
- FCA Principles for Business (PRIN)
- FCA TCF outcomes and Conduct Risk
- Mortgage Code of Business (MCOB)
- Systems and Controls (SYSC)
- Complaint Handling (DISP)
- Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SMCR)
- Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Advertising standards (CAP & ASA)
Salary range is broad and will be entirely commensurate with experience but it will reflect the significance of the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.