£90,000 - £100,000 plus bonus and benefits
4 months ago
Our client is a well-respected Financial Services business who are looking to recruit a Head of Operational Oversight. Reporting to the CEO you will lead, direct, oversee and provide a robust control framework for the operational oversight activity of the business, including the First Line Operations.
To direct and oversee strategic and operational direction for the Oversight department to align with and contribute to the wider business strategy and appropriate risk management framework including assessment, mitigate and report on the risk profile.
Key responsibilities include:
- Direct and oversee the efficient and effective operational oversight of the business target operating model.
- Ensure a robust control framework features to evidence conformance to SYSC8 outsourcing requirements and best industry practices to ensure effective oversight and governance.
- Oversee and provide executive level guidance on the management of operational risks within the business and ensure that operational business resilience and continuity is effectively planned and managed.
- Develop, manage and maintain the relationship with the outsourced servicing provider at a Senior level.
- Ensure all regulatory obligations are discharged and that customer outcomes consistently meet Board risk appetite and conduct expectations
- Evaluate, analyse and interpret operational, servicer and management information and KRIs to develop associated strategies for growth, change and improvement in light of this information.
- Design and implement operational strategies, plans and procedures which align to achieve overall business objectives, ensuring periodic reviews and updates to ensure continued relevance of those plan.
- Manage and develop 3rd party panels to support operational activities – including the provision of relevant performance data.
- Manage an effective governance framework with 3rd party providers.
- Provide strategic leadership for department managers to achieve agreed business goals and objectives, KPI’s and other relevant deliverables.
- Establish and communicate policies that promote culture and vision and, lead employees to encourage maximum performance and engagement which comply with regulatory permissions and follow market best practice.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the requirements of the FCA regulatory framework and always act in accordance with the requirements of the FCA, and any additional SMCR requirements.
The ideal Candidate:
- In-depth knowledge and experience of working in an FCA regulated business with a focus on Mortgages.
- Operational experience ideally with previous experience of 1st line oversight.
- Sound regulatory understanding of Operational responsibilities in the context of SYSC 8
- Demonstrate ability to identify, manage and mitigate risk
- Detailed working knowledge of operational practices and best practice methodologies, including all regulatory and legal requirements.