MERJE are delighted to be working with a fast-growing Life and Pensions provider, looking for a Head of Financial Reporting. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in Finance as part of the management team where the role will involve working closely alongside the CFO as well as the Actuarial Team, Group Finance and Group Tax. The role requires a flexible individual with strong leadership skills and providing expertise at a senior level.
Key Responsibilities as Head of Financial Reporting:
· Manage the Financial Reporting and Management Accounts team and activities
· Provide accurate and timely reporting of financial results
· Contribute significantly to projects and provide appropriate strategic and financial input
· Coordination and contribution to activity in understanding and driving the key components of value
· Analysing data and expressing results in a clear and meaningful way
· Creating and developing financial models for decision support
· Leading the work in preparing Corporation Tax computations and other relevant Life Company Taxation submissions
· Liaising with the Group Head of Taxation who will provide oversight and review.
· Building and maintaining constructive relationships, including external auditors and third party suppliers.
· Keeping up to date with Accounting Standards
· Maintaining a compliant culture that meets expected conduct measures including treatment of customers and regulatory requirements.
· People Management responsibilities – lead the team, particularly through periods of change, maintaining suitable records regarding objectives and performance reviews and other records as required.
The individual must be a good communicator, who is able to work with external auditors, internal stakeholders and Group Head Office as well as presenting to Board Directors. Strong planning and organisational skills are needed to ensure processes runs smoothly. A good motivator of people, who can keep this motivation continuing throughout a busy year-end schedule.
Experience and Qualifications Required:The successful candidate will need to be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with 10 years plus qualification. Experience with IFRS17 with hands on finance controller and reporting experience. They must have a strong technical and commercial background in Life Insurance Accounting. Desirable experience would include Corporation Tax for a Life Insurance Company, with suitable oversight from a senior Life Company Tax Professional. Experienced in leading and motivating a team and working cross functionally, particularly with Actuaries, to work together to ensure the Reporting process operates smoothly.