to £60,000 + Car allowance + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is a well-known consumer finance organisation who are looking to grow their team by appointing a Head of Compliance Monitoring to develop and document the Compliance Monitoring Framework across the group. Responsible for a small team and reporting to the Compliance Director, the role will be hands on and encompass the following;
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver the compliance monitoring and testing outputs agreed in the annual compliance risk monitoring plan by carrying out relevant reviews as appropriate and using relevant resources
- Conduct routine outcomes testing of high risk activities and associated line 1 controls
- Carry out ad-hoc investigations as required, completing root cause analysis to identify any possible systemic issues. Ad hoc investigations could result from a testing/monitoring review or through a review of operational MI.
- Work with Head of Policy and Advice on projects to advise on post implementation monitoring requirements
- Ensuring adequate records are maintained for all monitoring carried out the business and that actions are followed through and tested
- Ensure that all external audits from whatever source are retained and that appropriate management response and actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Act as SME to the business on all monitoring queries; promoting a culture of compliance across the firms’ strategic business units and ensuring that the TCF outcomes are embedded within all activities as a matter of course
- Relevant skills and knowledge, demonstrated through similar previous experience within a financial services regulated environment.
- Understanding of the UK regulatory regime and rules applicable to the Consumer Finance sector (CONC)
- Experience of setting up and delivering 2nd line Compliance Monitoring frameworks within an FCA regulated environment
- Strong communication, organisational and prioritisation skills
Salary is commensurate with experience and will be commensurate with the role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.