MERJE are delighted to be working with a FTSE 100 financial services company, looking for a Financial Modelling Analyst. Reporting into the Head of Funding and Financial Planning in a dynamic finance team and at an exciting time for the business, this role will be responsible for the building and maintaining of financial models supporting funding and reporting activity. You will play an important role in supporting the wider business in strategic decision.
Key Responsibilities as Financial Modelling Analyst:
· Key role in the planning/budget/forecast cycle
· Developing models to assist long-term business plans
· Responsible for developing the suite of models used across the function
· Improving processes to reduce manual inputs and maintain integrity and accuracy of outputs
· Managing the production and presentation of high quality financial and portfolio reporting to external stakeholders
· Provide accurate and timely analysis of financial information on ad hoc basis
· Building great relationships with stakeholders throughout the business
· Support delivery of financial plans through timely and accurate analysis, reporting and highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances
· Drive continuous improvement with the finance team
Experience and Qualifications Required: Previous experience in financial services, ideally having previously worked within a lending business. Proven numerical and accounting experience, being a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) is desirable. Highly advanced user of Microsoft Excel, with experience of building and maintaining complex financial models. Ability to prepare investment appraisals and valuations using various financial techniques like DCF, NPV, IRR, etc. Experience of using analysis and insight to drive business decisions. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with technical and non-technical audiences and a desire to work within a fast-paced, dynamic team environment.