c. £60,000 + Bonus + Executive Benefits
5 months ago
Our client is a market leading organisation engaged within the construction sector.
They are seeking to recruit an individual of suitable calibre to assume a Finance Manager position within the business who is capable of being able to step up to the role of Finance Director in the near future.
Your responsibilities will be wide and varied and will include:
• Weekly and monthly sales forecasting
• Monitoring construction / sales progress and risk
• Monthly Balance sheet forecasting – involvement in the rolling three year planning process to ensure that funding and capital employed balances are accurately forecast
• Balance sheet control - to ensure the completeness of liabilities and the recoverability of assets.
• Balance sheet management – driving and managing the month-end process, ensuring the proper application of Group accounting policies and procedures
• Preparing Group accounting and tax papers and returns
• Liaising with Group teams on tax queries
It is anticipated that the successful candidate will assume a Finance Director position in the very future.
To succeed in this role you will be an ambitious professionally qualified Accountant
Your attributes will include:
- Attention to detail and the ability to be self-critical
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work and communicate with colleagues from outside of the finance team and at different levels of experience
- Ability to identify better or more efficient ways to do the job, and to challenge the way things have been done in the past
- Ability to work in a tight deadline driven environment and to manage multiple priorities (either as part of or with a plc or large group company)
- Integrity and a desire to do the right thing
Previous experience of the construction, property development or infrastructure sectors would be highly advantageous.