c. £90,000 + 100% Bonus + Executive Benefits
10 months ago
Our client is a major national residential developer, a leading player in the industry who are experiencing substantial growth.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
They are seeking to recruit a candidate of suitable calibre to assume the role of Finance Director for one of their largest and most successful regional offices
Working closely with the Managing Direcor in a truly business-partnering capacity your responsibilities be wide and varied and will include:
- Key member of Divisional Board
- Ensuring full updates on financial results and forecasts;
- Ensure Board members fully aware of policies and procedures;
- Provide financial analysis and impact of divisional business decisions
- Manage and develop the Finance Team
- Significant interaction with other Departments to facilitate the efficient operation of the Division and accurate and timely reporting of information
- Ensure Financial system is kept up to date and is accurate, including AMIS and Homebuilder
- Valuations: Responsibility in conjunction with the Project Director and Commercial Director for the cost control of each development including budgetary management, and active participation in the monthly valuation process including challenge on cost movements and ensure control of Prelims
- Administration Overheads: manage to budget and challenge functional heads on cost control and timing of spend through monthly monitoring
- Selling Overheads : ensure Sales and Marketing function are managing to budget, challenge on costs and timing of spend, through monthly monitoring
- Active role in Risk Management of the Business including overall responsibility for Insurance for the Division
- Attend site visits, plot sign offs, etc. as required for the efficient operation of the Division
- Deal with ad-hoc enquiries from Group/Region/Division/etc. as required
- Interaction with Regional and Group Accountants as required
- Ensuring all banking covenants information provision is supplied to Group Treasury & Group Finance.
- Professionally qualified Accountant
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to work and communicate with colleagues from outside of the finance team and at different levels of experience
- Ability to identify better or more efficient ways to do the job, and to challenge the way things have been done in the past
- Ability to work in a tight deadline driven environment and to manage multiple priorities (either as part of or with a plc or large group company)
- Integrity and a desire to do the right thing
- Experience of Construction industry / Property development and Joint venture accounting would be advantageous.